Admissions for Non-Sponsored/Sponsored High School Students
Oregon high school students can join the RTEC program at Lane to get a jump start on college. RTEC is part of the Expanded Options program offered at the high school. It's an opportunity for a current high school student to be on Lane's campus and earn college credit.
Sponsored Students only - Meet with your RTEC/Expanded Options Counselor
You, the student, need to meet with your RTEC/Expanded Options high school counselor to determine eligibility. Meet with your high school counselor to:
- Discuss career and educational goals
- Discuss courses, amount of credits allowed, and what is paid by your sponsorship
- Determine if college courses will apply to high school diploma requirements
- Review student and district costs with counselor, student, and parents
- Start the Sponsored HS Connections RTEC Referral form
Steps to Follow for All High School Students :
Follow the steps below if you plan to take classes on Lane’s Campus under the RTEC program (classes at Lane before high school graduation). Please review all the steps first by clicking on the blue bar. Completing all steps may take 4-10 days.
Fall enrollment deadilnes: The application must be submitted by Friday, September 14th. All of the other steps must be completed by Wednesday, September 19th.
If you are brand new to Lane, within 2 business days you'll get an L# via email. Your L# is required for Step 3 and on.
If you already have an L# from College Now, you can complete Steps 1-4 in any order.
Complete Step 1 and 2 To Get Started
Step 1: Complete Online Application
You need an L# to register for Lane classes so you will need to fill out the RTEC Application.
College Now students: You must submit this application to take part in the RTEC program. Your L# will stay the same.
- Social Security Number: If you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, please enter your social security number
- A unquie student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s)
- Planned Program of Study: Choose the major that you think you may be interested in
Step 2: Submit a HSC RTEC Referral/FERPA Form
All new students must submit the Referral/FERPA release form. All students under age 18 will need a parent signatore on a parent form/under 18 form.
Complete In Any Order
Step 3: Proof of Writing Level
You must prove your writing level before advising and registration. Science and math courses as well as your HS counselor may also require proof of your math level.
Choose one method or a combination of methods to prove your writing/math level:
- Complete all accuplacer placement testing at your high school or with Lane’s Testing Office or
- Transcripted College Now writing or math credit
- Transcripted AP/IB writing or math credit with proof of your College Board scores
- Get a waiver through Smarter Balanced test scores with specific AP/IB high school classes
Step 4: Complete the Student Information Session
Once you log into myLane, you will complete this online information session. You must complete this before continuing with registration.
Step 5: Use Student @my.lanecc.edu Email Address
In myLane, you will see a tab that says Claim Student Email. Students are required to communicate through this my.lanecc.edu email
Last Step Before Registration
Step 6: Meet with the High School Connections Advisor
You are required to meet with the High School Connections Advisor, Brenda Williams, to be cleared to register. Meet with Brenda to:
- Learn about how to succeed in college classes
- Understand policies at Lane
- Register for classes
You and your high school counselor should contact Brenda before an appointment to pick out classes.