The college has discontinued the honors program due to budget constraints. Current students will be able to complete their honors requirements during the 2017-2018 academic year. We cannot accept any new applications.
Lane Community College's Honors Program offers students a transformative learning experience based in scholarly inquiry, academic rigor, and intellectual growth.
The benefits of joining the Lane Honors Program include:
- Honors recognition on both transcript and diploma
- Small classes that encourage discussion and debate
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Faculty mentorship
- A competitive edge when applying for university transfer, scholarships, and jobs
- Eligibility for special honors transfer agreements with four-year schools
- Research assistance and workshops from the honors librarian
- Honors events such as field trips, guest speakers, and dinners
After completing the Lane Honors Program, students transferring to four-year institutions will be well-prepared for upper division coursework and university honors programs. Non-transfer students can enroll in and benefit from the Honors Program as well.