Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - Pan-Asian Soulfood Celebration
Crowd favorite, Voorhees Charity Auction Team will be leading the LIVE auction. We welcome Dennis Nakata as our new MC. The LCC students and faculty will be preparing and serving a multi-course pan-asian soulfood meal under the guidance of Guest Chef Hsiao-Ching Chou.
This colorful event will feature artisans, performers, a silent and live auction, wine wall, activities, amazing food and wines, the Harry Ritchie's Boutique, and more.
2018 Harvest Gala Co-Chairs
Ada Lee and Steve & Kim Wildish
Steve, Kim, and Ada are long-time champions of education and great supporters of Lane Community College Foundation and the Eugene/Springfield community. Steve and Ada are multi-year trustees on the LCC Foundation's Board. They have attended the Harvest Dinner for many years and graciously accepted the challenge of being this year's co-chair team.
We say Thank you to all sponsors, guests, students, faculty, guest chef, and donors for making each year's Harvest Gala an incredible evening while investing in our students and programs! We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Harvest Gala for another fantastic and fun-filled evening!
The Harvest Gala is presented annually by the Lane Community College Foundation and Lane Community College's own Culinary Arts & Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management Program (CAHRTM) and serves as a working classroom for CAHM students. Students work under the guidance of a guest chef and instructors to prepare a multi-course meal for 400 guests at LCC Center for Meeting and Learning.
2018 Harvest Dinner Guest Chef Hsiao-Ching Chou
Hsiao-Ching Chou is the former food editor at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper. She has appeared on national television and radio, including “The Splendid Table.” She won the coveted Bert Greene Award from the International Association for Culinary Professionals for excellence in feature writing. After she left the P-I in 2007, she started a public relations firm that focused on restaurants. Her clients included Tilth, Matt’s in the Market, Canlis, and Pagliacci Pizza. From 2011-2017, she was the director of communications at Institute for Systems Biology, a nonprofit biomedical research organization in Seattle. She keeps one foot in the food world as an instructor at Hot Stove Society, chef Tom Douglas’s cooking school at the Hotel Andra in Seattle. She’s a member of the James Beard Foundation’s cookbook committee, which administers the prestigious annual cookbook awards. She is a member of Les Dames d’Escoffier-Seattle and volunteers on the communications committee for FareStart.org.
- Learn more on her website and purchase her new book Chinese Soul Food Cookbook. You can also find her on Facebook.
- Hsiao-Ching's Potsticker Recipe
- 2018 Harvest Dinner Menu
- Volunteering Opportunities
Haugland Family Foundation
Stephie Sakaguchi Memorial Sponsorship
Amy and Alex Haugland
LCC Office of the President
B & A International
B & A International with Mary Jane Mori & Gerold Hawn
Kathie Tippens Wiper
Wine Wall Sponsor
Tykeson Family Foundation
Mary Jeanne Jacobsen
Dinner Course Sponsors
Silent Auction Sponsors
Hope Hughes Pressman
2018 Harvest Dinner In-Kind Donors
- Ada Lee
- Amanda Meg Photography
- Amy and Alex Haugland
- Argyle Winery
- Arlen Rexius
- Beth Sheehan
- Bijou Art Cinemas
- Bounce Gymnastics
- Bruce Riddle
- Chula's Restaruant and Cantina
- Connie Mueller
- Currey Guide Service, LLC
- Curtis Restraunt Equipment
- Domaine Drouhin Oregon
- Down to Earth Home, Garden & Gifts
- Eugene Con (Eucon)
- Eugene Symphony
- Euphoria Chocolate Company
- Falling Sky Brewing
- George and Diane McCully
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- Harry Ritchie's Jewelers, Inc.
- Heritage Distilling Co.
- Hsiao-Ching Chou
- Hult Center for the Performing Arts
- Hyland Estates
- Imagine International, Inc.
- Jane Scotti - Turtle Totems
- Jeri Steele
- Jerry's Home Improvement Center
- Karuna Neustadt
- King Estate Winery
- La Bastide Bed & Breakfast
- Lane Forest Products
- Marché & Provisions Market Hall
- Mary Jeanne Jacobsen
- McDonald Wholesale Co.
- McMenamins Pubs and Breweries
- Mike and Catheryn Stickel
- Modern Betty Salon
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Museum of Natural & Cultural History
- Newman's Fish Company
- Niles and Mary Ann Hanson
- Ninkasi Brewing Company
- Oakshire Brewing
- Oregon Contemporary Theatre
- Oregon Urology Institute
- Pennie and Philip Weiss
- Regal Valley River Center Stadium Cinemas
- Rolf Prima Wheels
- Ronald G. Nelson
- Royce Myers
- Annie and Steve Sakaguchi
- Sea Glass Fine Art Photography
- Shelby Anderson
- Soft Horizons Fibre
- Steamboat Inn
- Steve and Kim Wildish
- Susan Soonkeum Cox
- Sweet Life Patisserie
- Territorial Seed Company
- The Carlton Winemakers Studio
- The Duck Store
- The Eugene Airport
- The John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts
- Tiana Marrone-Creech
- Tom Emmons and Heather Lee
- Tracie and Ramin Shojai
- Westraunt Concepts
- Willamalane Park and Recreation
- Willamette Valley Vineyards
- Winter's Hill Estate
We are grateful to each of our donors, many of whom are multi-year supporters. Our event wouldn't be possible without their generous support. Thank you!
Gift-In-Kind Auction Donations
Harvest Dinner Gift-in-Kind Donation Form (Download to enable fillable fields)
We need your donations--Do you have something interesting, fun, or unique you would like to donate to our annual Harvest Auction? Please use our Harvest Dinner Auction Donation Form and return it to us. We put together amazing Live and silent auction packages that are seen by prominent community members!
With almost 400 guests attending this highly anticipated event, you can be assured that your business or organization will receive great recognition in a highly visited and anticipated yearly event!
Thank you in advance for your generous donation!
Archived Harvest Dinner & Auction Photos
- View pictures from the 2017 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2016 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2015 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2014 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2013 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2012 Harvest Dinner
- View pictures from the 2011 Harvest Dinner