Students Under the Age of 18
If you are under 18 and want to enroll at Lane, we are happy to help you. Anyone age 18 or older may enroll with or without a high school diploma. It is important that you and your family know the college’s expectations and policies.
Have you earned a high school diploma or GED?
-Yes, I have earned a high school diploma or GED:
If you have earned a high school diploma or GED, please follow these Steps to Enroll.
-No, I have not earned a high school diploma or GED:
Students under 18 and without a high school diploma or GED cannot receive Financial Aid.
How will you be paying for your credit classes:
- My school district will help pay for my classes while I’m in high school - If you are under the age of 18 and your school district is going to help pay for your classes you take while still in high school, please follow the steps to enroll on the Steps to Enroll for Sponsored High School Students page.
- My family and I will pay for my classes while I’m in high school - If you are under 18 and wish to take credit classes and have not completed your high school diploma or GED, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the online admission form. You can find this at Steps to Enroll.
- Print, sign and submit the Student and Parent/Guardian Consent Form to Enrollment Services to complete your application.
- We will place a registration hold on your record until we have received this form. Once received, your records will indicate that you are enrolling at Lane as an under age student until the day you turn 18.
- Consult with Counseling and Advising to plan what classes you would like to take and to arrange for any necessary placement tests.
- Once registration opens, use myLane to register for classes. Once you have registered for your desired classes, consult with the instructor(s) and inform them that you are under the age of 18. If they indicate that they would prefer not to have a student under 18 in their class, be sure to use myLane to drop your class prior to the stated refund deadlines.
- If you plan on using credits earned at Lane to transfer back to your high school or forward to another college or university, be sure to consult with the schools receiving your transcript regarding which credits will transfer.