Steps to Enroll for ESL Students Becoming Credit Students
Deadline to complete all Steps to Enroll for Fall is September 19.
Congratulations and welcome ESL students! We're happy you have chosen to enroll as a credit student at Lane. By following these Steps to Enroll, you will continue to fulfill your academic dreams!
The last day to begin the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 14.
Remember, when you enroll early, your chances of getting the classes you need increase. So please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing – completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for summr term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in.
- The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 14.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Complete your Math Placement Testing
- You do not need to take Reading and Writing placement tests at this time.
- For fall term, the last day to take the math placement test is Tuesday, September 18.
Step 4: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students need to complete this self-paced online information session in order to be able to register for classes. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
Step 5: Schedule a required Start Right Advising session
- You must complete Steps 1 and 3 before attending your Start Right Advising session.
- Without your Math placement test scores you cannot be properly advised.
- Start Right Advising sessions for summer and fall term begin May 16.
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to Register!
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.